Saturday, December 1, 2012

Venice


                A week before my girl’s travel week my girl took a weekend trip to Venice with two of her classmates. It took nearly a whole day on trains for us to get to Venice but it was well worth it. That city was extremely beautiful and the citizen were so nice that my girl was so tempted to stay and never return to the Villa or the States. It took a lot of coaching but I was able to convince her that she really needed to return to the States to finish her schooling and make sure that her father wouldn’t pull a Taken and come and get her. . . . . .cause trust me that would have ended very badly with Jazz more than likely banned from able to ever come back to Italy.
                During the three days she was in Venice my girl went to the Basilica di San Marco, a very beautiful church (though my girl says that Santa Maria is way more beautiful) that floods a couple of times of the year and well known for the thousands of pigeons that roam the square.
                My girl was also able to take the really highly praised gondola ride with her classmates, their gondolier was a man nicknamed Carota for his “once” orange hair and had been in the business for over 37 years, can you imagine? And during this 30 minute ride we were only able to find one female gondolier. During the same day as the gondola ride my girl was able to convince her friends to head out to Murano island, which as you know is the island of glass blowers.  My girl and her friends had to take a water bus, of course, to get to this little island and upon arrival to the first Murano stop my girl and her friends were immediately ushered to a glass factory where we were able to see a glass blower giving a demonstration. He made a multicolored vase, and a horse within minutes. . . . . I mean it barely took even a ten minutes for both pieces, that man was amazing. And my girl was able to get a Murano glass cat from the adjoined glass store.

With love,
M.D. and Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment