Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 13


PHOTO BOMB!! 
               Today my girl remembered me and brought me with them to Paestum. Granted it wasn’t as exciting as yesterday happened to be but it was pretty amazing to see three of the most well preserved temples here in Italy.

A field trip was going on the same time we were there




Class time!! Now where is my girl?


                Since Paestum is several hours away from Naples we took a private bus which is a great change from the metro and the trains…..I wished we had that the entire trip, less smell and less crowds. Although we saw more of the darker side of Italy, we drove past slums and the more derelict towns and houses.


Non lo so if you could walk on these. .. . . but we did!

Everybody climbed on these ruins


Wasn't too sure what this was but it was cool!!

Look at that masonry don't see that too often now.

Great place for picnics




Don't follow that rabbit!!


                Then added to our slightly dourer mood we got to Paestum and were attacked by bugs!!! My poor girl had to wear me to keep the bugs from attempting to nest in her hair (we found this out when one of our friends stopped and pulled bugs out of her hair). Needless, to say that my girl was completely paranoid and was constantly checking her hair.
                The bus ride was actually longer than our stay at the temples.

Please ignore the crappy (cheap) shades.

With bug infested love,
M.D. and Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment